This week the team record 'live' from the travel industry's biggest trade show: the World Travel Market. After presenting the event's first ever mobile technology session they reflect on the topics discussed and suggest 10 rules for mobile travel apps.
Apps mentioned in the show are:
- Sky Go Extra - The broadcaster Sky's TV-on-demand app.
- LinkedIn Intro - The misguided attempt by LinkedIn to enhance your iOS email experience.
- CityMapper - an integrated travel planner for London and New York.
- Hailo - an taxi app which makes hailing and cashless payment easy.
- Apple's Store - Apple's own shopping app which becomes a payment mechanism in-store.
- Nokia's Here maps - Mapping which works well offline.
This week's listener question comes from Steve Barker:
Search, Entertainment & Location results are increasingly distorted by a 'who pays most, wins' culture. How can truly independent results thrive on mobile services?
This episode is sponsored by O2. Check-out O2 Refresh - the tariff which lets you get the latest phone whenever you want.