A lot has happened in the 6 weeks we've been gone so the team get caught up on the news, having had a little extra time to reflect. This week we cover:
- New iPhones - If the 5c wasn’t a ‘cheap’ iPhone was the 5s a new high-end model? Is there a big-enough pricing gap?
- New iPads - Is the iPad Air what Steve Jobs really intended the iPad to be? We marvel at what Apple’s new A7 achieves with weight and battery.
- New Microsoft Surface - Ewan’s keen but we wonder how it can find customers not already well-served by iPads.
- Cheap tablets - Tesco’s Hudl, Argos’s MyTablet, Carphone Warehouse’s ‘cheap tablet thing’.
- Nokia’s tablet - Is Nokia’s new Windows RT tablet - the 2520 - the best Windows tablet yet? Does it matter?
- BlackBerry woes - Who was mad enough to give BlackBerry $1bn? If security concerns mean a Chinese buyer is out of the question then who could save them?
Our first reader’s question is "Who needs the other more to remain as the dominant player: Samsung or Google?". The team get stuck in...
This episode is sponsored by O2. Check-out O2 Refresh - the tariff which lets you get the latest phone whenever you want.