This week we talk about international roaming services and wonder why these services - and especially data - command such premium pricing. We discuss:
- The recent MACH conference.
- The products and services we use for roaming including Vodafone's data traveller service, Abroadband, Droam, Onavo, Truphone and MiFi devices.
- The wetpaint Wiki for information on global pre-paid wireless internet access.
- The EU regulator's efforts to reduce roaming charges.
- Who or what could disrupt the market for roaming services in future.
We also have a give-away competition for commenters this week - leave a comment to be in with a (randomly chosen) chance to win a Jabra Skype-certified bluetooth headset and laptop dongle.